Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Brightening

I was considering a dreary, mumbly post on the unseasonably cold weather, but then I learned about Cumberbombing, photobombing with Benedict Cumberbatch. How is it I did not know about this meme? Apparently I've been living under a rock, but no longer. Thanks, Jimmy Fallon!



I suppose it says something about the erudition (or aspiration) of the fans that so many favorite Cumberbatch recordings are literature, a favorite craft item is a bookmark. Needless to add, I made my own – and so can you thanks to Ginger Nifty.

Benedict Cumberbatch bookmarks

The bouquet of Benedicts cheered me up so much – the power of craft! – I frogged my climate march sock and started an Ixslein instead.

Ixslein wip

I'm loving how the slip stich Xs pull on the fabric, giving a quilted look that I hope will survive washing. The little swags that form the Xs alter the skinny stripe repeat just enough that the sock in progress looks quite different from its predecessor, which makes me happy. It's a good day after all.

And for an even brighter tomorrow, come out in the cold and see this green movie, The Human Scale, tomorrow evening at 6:30 p.m.



More information here.

1 comment:

--Deb said...

And Cabin Pressure. Don't forget Benedict on Cabin Pressure, my all-time favorite radio program and ALWAYS good for a laugh!