Thursday, July 30, 2015

Piries, Not Peeries

I'm travelling at the moment. As a result, I missed the conclusion of the Tour de Fleece and also blogging time is scarce. There are compensations, though. Here's my current view.

View

Which occasionally is obstructed.

View obstructed

It may be a little hard to tell from these photos, but ordinarily the view would not be quite so misty – the normally placid South Shore surf was unusually rough for July. Inexperienced beach-goers on sheltered beaches were knocked down, and even experienced swimmers got into trouble in the rougher spots. The old adage is so true: Never turn your back on the sea.

Meanwhile, my landlady keeps giving me mangoes. Perhaps appropriate for a knitter, they're golden Pirie mangoes rather than the more usual purple-green-skinned Haden mangoes.

Pirie mangoes

Although I'm working on yet another pair of socks, alas, I have no Peeries to show off. That will have to wait until I get back to Casa Jersey Knitter.

No comments: